Wednesday, June 2, 2010

yelping for more

I announced that I changed my yelp location to Fullerton.
I spoke too soon.
After scrolling through my pictures, I realized that my heart, or stomach rather, is still strongly attached to the bay area, because obviously so, "I left my heart in San Francisco."

Of course, all my pictures have to do with food. Some people think I have an uncanny predilection for phenomenal food, as if I can know which herb perks up that 6,000th taste bud, which cheeses melt away perfectly with which beef flank, which mountain that wild morel came from.

Quite frankly, I don't even know what an endive looks like. Actually, now I know because I looked it up. Confession--I really don't know much about food.

All I know is that when eaten with joy, with people I admire, sitting by the window cast in the right amount of sunlight or dimly lit by artificial lighting lightening up our faces in an oh-so flattering manner (yes, each meal is as picturesque as it sounds), food cannot help but be incredible.

I've had plenty of mishaps, but I always exit the building with a fat ol' grin on my face, knowing that the past hour or so, I've spent it with the most remarkable person/people I know.

(My google calendar just alerted me that I have PP103 lecture in 10 minutes. I'm feeling a tear well up.)

Anyways, look at this beautiful sandwich.


A lemon chicken with fennel and some other good stuff. Get it at Summer Kitchen Bake Shop. I think I might like it better than Gregoire.


The egg salad sandwich with curried chicken with currants, pine nuts, and some other good stuff.

This was my very last meal at Berkeley (I don't consider a scoop of rose vanilla at ici, which I had afterwards, a meal). I got to eat with the very first person I met there. Her name is Sarah Lin. No better way to end my 4 years.

I'm heading out to Dland now, my 3 time since I've been home, and I arrived 3 days ago. I guess the happiest place on earth comes close.

No comments:

Post a Comment